Hydrocodone is a semi synthetic opioids, opioid is a class of medicine that is prescribe to cure pains, it is taken to prevent all pain signals between brain and other parts of the body. It also stabilize difficulty in breathing and mental activities thereby making a person have less suffering from aches and pains. Some people take them in large quantities which is absolutely against health practitioner’s directives, doing such has negative effects of their health. Oxycodone on the other hand is also semi synthetic opioid but differs from Hydrocodone because it causes constipation to the person making him or her face difficulty in excretion.
Both Hydrocodone and Oxycodone despite having performing the task of relieving pain, they also have effects such as swelling of some body parts, dryness of lisp and mouth, heart burn and the pulse beat fast, abnormality of breathing, frequent nausea, etc. Based on expert’s view, taking Oxycodone mixed with Acetaminophen damage internal organs mostly liver, it is advisable to shun it entirely.
Dangers of taking Hydrocodone and Oxycodone
Anyone that found pleasure in taking both Hydrocodone and Oxycodone have a tendency of having the following:
- Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are very strong thereby relieving pain but they damage liver when taken in excess or outside health practitioner’s commands.
- They cause unstoppable body perspiration which could generate body odour.
- Also they force the heart to beat faster which consequently double its tasks.
- For an addicted victim, they lead to inability to sleep.
- Whenever one take them, they make him forget sorrows but such resurface back when their effects vanish.
- They cause dizziness, vomiting, rashes, aches and less strength.
- If a person start taking them, it is difficult to stop due to addiction.
- The person might fall sick if he refuse to take them because his or her system could not work without them.
- Pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers that take Hydrocodone or Oxycodone tend to go through a lot of hardship.
- Due to consumption of Hydrocodone and Oxycodone, person could developing hatred toward others for no reasons.
Similarities of Hydrocodone and Oxycodone
- They are both semi synthetic opioids.
- They are both use for relieving body pains.
- They are both schedule II drugs that are misuse so often.
- Addiction to them is similar addiction to hemp.
- They are both use in Emergency unit of the hospitals especially as First Aid to victims of burns, scald, vehicle accidents, etc.
- They are also both strong capable of slowing down metabolic activities.
- They are both dangerous to most of the internal organs.
Differences between Hydrocodone and Oxycodone
- The side effects between Hydrocodone and Oxycodone differ, getting weak is common after taking Hydrocodone while Oxycodone is known for causing faeces hardness.
- Hydrocodone is used for treating serious cough while Oxycodone is not.
- Oxycodone causes more side effects like itching to the body than Hydrocodone
- Hydrocodone is less dangerous to the body or its parts than Oxycodone.
- Oxycodone has additional atom of oxygen while Hydrocodone does not have.
- Oxycodone is gotten from thebaine while Hydrocodone is derived from codeine.
- Oxycodone is the regular drug prescribe by Doctors while Hydrocodone is less.
- Hydrocodone is use to cure moderate to severe pains while Oxycodone is used to treat only severe pain.
Things To Do By Addict of Hydrocodone or Oxycodone
- He or she should go to hospital for medical checkup, advices and coaching regularly; doing so would help him or her to be distancing themselves from both as time taken on the queue or during interaction with Doctor in the clinic is long.
- Gradual reduction of the quantity been taken, may be from 3 dosages to 2, down to 1 and finally to none.
- Engaging in the extra-curricular activities, sticking to hobbies which includes watching movies, reading novels, playing football etc.
- If the drugs prescribed to you are not effective or bringing succor, take them back to the hospital and no more use them until you are told to.
- Throw away expired drugs and never take or share Hydrocodone or Oxycodone products with any.
- Withdrawing oneself from people that take Hydrocodone or Oxycodone. If a person is still living with them even if he r she stop taking them, they would influence him or her to re-embrace.
- Addicted individual or group of people should endeavor to present themselves for registration at rehabilitation centers; this where addicts will undergo trainings on measures necessary to be free from Hydrocodone, Oxycodone and their dangers.
Note: Many have asked questions regarding which one between Hydrocodone or Oxycodone is more effective, the answer from experts’ viewpoints revealed that both are effective and perform similar purposes. Pregnant women should not use Hydrocodone or Oxycodone except when they are prescribed by health practitioners. Some think that mixing Hydrocodone or Oxycodone with gin make them less dangerous, frankly it is not as nothing change on their effects; the best thing to do is abstaining from them. Furthermore, Hydrocodone and Oxycodone should never be use at the same time, merging and taking them both is dangerous to health, even Doctors are prescribing one to patients not both. Abiding to what professionals ruled out on Hydrocodone and Oxycodone is the first measure for one to be physically and psychologically fit, do not take more or less than what you are directed.
Advises on the Use Hydrocodone and Oxycodone
- Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are active drug for treating severe pains but they should never be misused because they could lead to respiratory problems, depression and even death
- Never take them without been given by health practitioners, pregnant women or breastfeeding ones must consult Doctors before start taking them.
- Patients should be examined, tested and fit for Hydrocodone or Oxycodone before prescribing to them..
- Asthmatic patients need to be exempted from Hydrocodone and Oxycodone.
- Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are dangerous to pulmonary disease patients